Blogtrotters

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Abud Mu'tazz - Ethiopian Soul & Jazz Selecta! [ethiopia]




Abud Mu'tazz, São Paulo

Abud (SP/BR) Dj, crate digger and producer highly influenced by Jazz, 70's Funk, Latin Soul and Afro Brazilian music.






      The Middle Eastern music has always been present in my life. My mother, born in Aleppo, Syria, put K7 tapes of Arabic music when I was little. I had my first contact with the Ethiopian music some 10 years ago, when a friend put a CD written with no name and no cover to listen. At that moment, I was totally mesmerized by this music, with a Semitic dialectlike the songs that my mother listened. It was kind of James Brown singing in a different Arab progress with mysterious scales and very powerful metais. 

       A arrangements from that day, I began to research and figure out where it is coming this kind of music, until one day I heard a vinyl collection made by a French label and there were the answers to my questions. Had finally found the source of that mysterious music. Ethiopia came directly! 

       After my discovery, names like Alemayehu Eshete, Mulatu Astatke and became part of my set in jazz dances, at the time of the Berlin Club, in Barra Funda, where he was residing. Even without understanding what is said in the song, the way these artists sing is very expressive. It is essential as repertoire and cultural background to the development of my personal production. This mix down to my song search of Ethiopia, a very specific material selected especially on vinyl for you to travel without leaving your seat.



Abud Mu'tazz, São Paulo


Abud Mu'tazz - Ethiopian Soul & Jazz Selecta! (38:07)



3 comments:

2b0rn0t0b said...




http://www.mediafire.com/download/1s970os4jye1vq8/Abud+Mu%27tazz++-+Ethiopian+Soul+%26+Jazz+Selecta%21+%5Bethiopia%5D.rar#39;tazz__-

_Ethiopian_Soul_&_Jazz_Selecta!_[ethiopia].rar


Encounters Nepal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nepal High Trek Ptv. Ltd. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.