Original post from Likembe blogspot :
R E U P L O A D
If you're a fan of Aster Aweke or Kuku Sebsebe, you'll no doubt enjoy this cassette by Ethiopian vocalist Martha Ashagari.
Ärä Bakeh (Ambassel Music Shop) was released in 1993 shortly after the fall of the Derg, but Ashagari has been singing professionally since 1988 with the Abyssinia and Roha Bands, and during the '90s had her own nightclub in Addis Ababa. In 1996 she recorded the CD Child's Love/Ye-Lij Fiker, which is available online from AIT Records (I included a tune from it on my compilation African Divas Vol. 2).
Ashagari is notable for her unique vocal tone, somewhere between a sob and a wail. Side 1 of Ärä Bakeh typifies the '80s-'90s Ethiopian style, but Martha really hits her stride with side 2 of the cassette, especially the emotional ballads "Zoma" and "Ende Näh" and the Tigrinya song "Sälam Bäluläy."
01. Martha Ashagari - Wara Bakeheh (5:43)
02. Martha Ashagari - Fekreh Naweh (6:30)
03. Martha Ashagari - Alecalekutemeh (9:22)
04. Martha Ashagari - Bameneh Yedaoaleh (4:38)
05. Martha Ashagari - Guredadeh (5:00)
06. Martha Ashagari - Damayele (5:00)
07. Martha Ashagari - Zoma (Yabati Lejeh) (6:53)
08. Martha Ashagari - Enedaziheshemeh Ala (6:59)
09. Martha Ashagari - Enedenaheh (6:24)
10. Martha Ashagari - Shalame Balulayeh (Temareoa) (5:08)